I have received a list of medicines that will be going generic during the first quarter of 2009. This is great news at a time when so many are on a limited budget. Remember to always ask your physician for generic alternatives. At this point in time, almost every class of medicine out there has generic equivalents, including blood pressure medicines. Places like Wal-mart and Target offer the medicines for as cheap as $4 per month or $10 for 3 months.
1. Topamax (topiramate) : Seizure medicine and migraine prevention/
2. Prandin (repaglinide): diabetes medicine
3. CellCept (mycophenolate mofetil): Organ transplants
4. Prevacid (lansprazole): acid reducing medicine
5. Pulmicort Respules (budesonide): asthma medicine
6. Flomax (tamsulosin): prostate medicine